Helping Military & Their Families With Legal Issues

Criminal, Traffic & DUI Defense For Military Personnel & Families

Military Personnel Face Harsh Penalties When Arrested and Convicted By Civilian Authorities…We Can Help

DefendingMilitaryMembersAt Garrett Law Group, PLC, we understand the military and how a criminal charge can have adverse effects on your career. Attorney James Garrett spent spent 8 years in the military on active duty in the U.S. Army and knows from experience how simple misdemeanor offenses, which may result in a minor fine and be a minor inconvenience to a civilian….can have drastic consequences on good and honorable soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen.

After an arrest, most military personnel have to face restrictions and extra duty; many are punished under Article 15 of the UCMJ and lost pay and rank; some are even separated under a Bad Conduct Discharge, losing years of honorable service and military retirement benefit opportunities.

If you or a military family member has been charged with domestic assault and battery, underage possession of alcohol, DUI, or some other misdemeanor or felony matter, do not wait to contact a criminal defense lawyer who is familiar with the military…. and has represented hundreds of individuals just like you.

Many times, the military will no take any action on the service member until the civilian courts have resolved the case. We can help to put you in a better position to possibly gain a reduction in the charge, deferred disposition, earn a simple probation, or even a dismissal of the charge. And this….

…. may be the key to saving your military career.

If you are a military service member and have been charged with a criminal offense in the Virginia Beach civilian courts, or anywhere in the Hampton Roads area, don’t trust your military career to someone who doesn’t understand your situation.

Please contact our offices immediately for a free, no obligation consultation with an experienced Virginia Beach criminal defense lawyer with a military history. Call (757) 422-4646.